- 4 oz. log fresh goat cheese (chevre)
- 1 c. extra virgin olive oil (does not have to be very expensive)
- 2 star anise
- 1 t. whole peppercorns
- 1/8 t. smoky paprika
- 4- 1 inch zest of orange peel
- 1 T. fresh thyme leaves
- Clean 8 oz. Mason or Weck jar (or similar glass container with a lid)
- ½ pkg. Effie’s Corn Biscuits
Working with a cold goat cheese log cut the cheese into 4 even 1 oz portions. Gently mold the cheese into round balls making sure it will fit in the opening of the jar.
Pour a ¼ c. of olive oil in the bottom of the glass container. Place 2 cheese balls in the jar and add half of the herbs and spices. Add the remaining cheese balls and the balance of the aromatics. Be sure the cheese is covered with olive oil and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. This will hold for one week in your refrigerator.
Serve the marinated cheese at room temperature and lather on the Corn Biscuits. Enjoy.