- ½ pkg. Effie’s Almond Biscuits
- 1- 15 oz pkg. Ricotta cheese, drained
- ¼ c. Candied orange peel chopped with syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 c. shaved bittersweet chocolate (reserve 1 T. for garnish)
- ¼ c. raw pistachio’s toasted (reserve 1 T. for garnish)
- 2 T. sliced almonds, toasted (reserve 1 T. for garnish)
Combine the ricotta, chopped orange peel and a good pinch of salt. Use a spatula to combine evenly and adjust the sweetness by adding more chopped peel with the syrup to taste.
Fold in the shaved chocolate, toasted pistachios and sliced almonds making sure to reserve a bit of each ingredient for garnishing. Spread a heaping spoonful of the ricotta mixture onto an Almond Biscuit and garnish with shaved chocolate, pistachios and almonds. Gently stack another biscuit on top and repeat with ricotta mixture and garnishes. Or serve the ricotta mixture in a small dessert dish with the Almond Biscuits on the side, sprinkled with chocolate, pistachios and almonds.