- 1 pkg. of Effie’s Walnut Biscuits (crushed)
- 1/3 c. of chopped walnuts
- 2 T. of white granulated sugar
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 c. dark sweet cherries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 c. raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 c. chopped strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 T. of wild blueberry preserves (or can substitute for 1/4 cup frozen or fresh blueberries)
- 2 c. of half and half (or heavy whipping cream)
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
Crush Effie’s Walnut Biscuits until they are in small pieces.
Chop up your walnuts and set aside.
In a medium saucepan, combine your cherries, strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries with the lemon juice and white sugar. Stir continuously on medium heat until the berries start to get thick and have a jam-like consistency. Once you reach this stage, turn the heat to low and let the berries continue to thicken.
As the berries cook on low, start on your ice cream base. Whip your heavy whipping cream, vanilla, and powdered sugar with an electric mixer until combined. For a thicker base, you can whip until soft peaks form. For a soft serve consistency, only whip for about 3-4 minutes and the mixture should still be liquid-y.
Take your berries off the heat. You can use a fork to smash any big pieces. -Grab your 9x5 loaf pan and put half of your ice cream base in. Then, swirl a few tablespoons of the berry mixture on top. You can use a toothpick or just a spoon for this step! Sprinkle the Effie’s Walnut Biscuits and walnuts on top.
Pour the remainder of the ice cream base on top and repeat the previous steps.
Once your ice cream is assembled, pop it in the freezer for at least 5 hours. If you want a thicker ice cream, leave it overnight. Enjoy your no churn berry cherry ice cream!