Portland Creamery's Fresh Chevre and Cajeta with Cherries and Effie's Cocoa Biscuits
My inspiration for this pairing was the Love child of two of my favorite desserts: Creme Brûlée + the infamously rich Black Forest Cake. With this summer heat, I was craving a lighter (and simpler) bite, akin to the decadent beast of a cake. To lighten the mood, I used Fresh Chevre and Cajeta (goat milk caramel) from Portland Creamery, Fresh Hood Cherries, and down right addictive Cocoa Biscuits from Effie’s. A perfect summer dessert that’s not only easy, but satisfies that sweet tooth!
- Spread a good dollop of Fresh Chevre onto the Effie's Cocoa Biscuit.
- Sprinkle a spoonful of sugar on top of the Chevre.
- Torch the sugar until it caramelizes.
- Slice fresh cherries and lay on top.
- Finish it off with a drizzle of delectable Cajeta or caramel sauce.
Featured Cheese: Fresh Chevre by Portland Creamery