We love the tart and sweet quality of summer cherries paired with our Walnut Ryecakes. Serve alongside a range of creamy cheeses like a buttery brie style cheese or a blue cheese.
- 1 c. Cherries, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 2 t. balsamic vinegar, good quality
- 1 t. black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1 t. tarragon, rough chop
- ½ - 1 t. sugar
- Pinch kosher salt to taste
Toss all the ingredients in a bowl and let stand for 30 minutes before serving.
This is also a great condiment to grilled pork or chicken.